Please see the following message from St. Vital Parish
Posted on September 27th, 2018
To all parents of children in religious programs,We have some wonderful programs starting very soon! Please take note of dates and registration times. Use this summary to easily locate the information that pertains to you. Summary: 1. Baptism -
- Infant to age 3,
- Age 3 to age 6, and
- Age 7 to age 15 and up
2. First Reconciliation and First Communion -
- Grade 2
- Grade 3 and up
3. Confirmation -
- Grade 6
- Grade 7 to age 15
4. RCIA - Becoming Catholic or receiving the sacraments as an adult or as an older child -
- Age 7 to Age 15
- Age 16 to age 101
5. Already Catholic, Anything for you? Other Programs ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Infant to age 3: Contact Jeanette at the parish office.
- Age 3 to age 6: Also Contact Jeanette at the parish office, however we can offer a special one hour class for the children. It is a fun interactive class that gets them excited about getting baptized. This class is offered once we have children to attend it.
- Age 7 to age 15 and up: Once your child has reached the age of 7 the parish offers classes of formation for them. They will now be enrolled in the "RCIA adapted for Children" program. It's a weekly catechism class held on Wednesdays starting October 3rd. More information is found here: http://www.saintvitalpar
2. First Reconciliation and First Communion - Both sacraments are being offered in the same year. However, if your child has one of these two and not the other, we can also accommodate.Parents must attend the "Parent information session" on October 9th OR October 23rd. This evening is essential that all parents be in attendance. Please contact Michelle immediately if it is missed. Important dates and ONLINE registration are found here:http://www.saintvitalparish.co
- Grade 2: Once your child has reached Grade 2, formation for these sacraments start immediately. Please check the website for more information.
- Grade 3 to Age 15: Even if your child missed receiving both sacraments in Grade 2, it's not too late. They can still be enrolled in the program. Once they are older then 15 years, they must go through the RCIA program.
3. Confirmation - This is a very important sacrament but unfortunately sometimes forgotten. Your child will be sealed with the Holy Spirit and with that the Holy Spirit gives us gifts, gifts that will strengthen us and give us the ability to do amazing things. Parents must attend the "Parent information/registration session" in November. This evening is essential that all parents be in attendance. Please contact Michelle immediately if it is missed. Important dates and SOME of the registration forms are found here:http://www.saintvitalparish.co
- Grade 6: Once your child has reached Grade 6, formation for confirmation starts in December. Please check the website for more information.
- Grade 7 to age 15: If your child missed out on Confirmation in Grade 6, it not too late. However, once they are older then 15 years, they must go through the RCIA program.
4. RCIA - Becoming Catholic or receiving the sacraments as an adult or as an older child - Have you or you child not been baptized or have been baptized in another denomination but would like to become Catholic? The RCIA program is for you! More information is found here: http://www.saintvitalpar
- Age 7 to Age 15: If your child has not been baptised Catholic before the age of 7, they are able to partake in the RCIA adapted for Children program.
- Age 16 to age 101: Separate from the children's program but running at the same time (convenient for families) is the RCIA program. Journey and discover Catholicism in a new way. The program is broken down into different parts, First part: Come and see, no pressure to become Catholic, simply a time to learn. Second part: First step of commitment. Third part: Write your name in the book... this is going to happen!! Fourth part: Receiving all your sacraments at Easter Vigil. Last part: Equipment stage. Setting you up for success!
5. Already Catholic, Anything for you? YES!! Our parish has many programs for you and your family.
- Daily mass and Reconciliation - http://www.saintvitalparish.
- CWL (Catholic Women's League) - http://www.saintvitalparish.
- Knights of Columbus - http://www.saintvitalparish.
- Youth Group (the ROCK)- http://www.saintvitalpa
- Children's Liturgy - http://www.saintvitalparish.
- Kids for Jesus - http://www.saintvitalparish.
- Children's Choir - http://www.saintvitalparish.
- Bible Study - http://www.saintvitalparish.
- Familia Mom's Group - http://www.saintvitalparish.
- Men's Group - http://www.saintvitalparish.
- Plus many many opportunities for volunteering or teaching. Please contact Michelle.
- You can always find the weekly bulletin posted here: http://www.saintvitalpar