Student Dress Code
Our student dress code is designed to convey a positive image and to develop a tradition as a school community. The dress code at SAINT-ANDRÉ also contributes to our atmosphere where learning is the priority. Students need to choose clothing that is sensitive to the values and expectations of our Catholic community. Our school colours are predominantly blue with red and white accents. Here are the guidelines for the student dress code:
- Students are encouraged to dress in school colours but this is voluntary;
- Cleanliness and neatness – All clothes should be clean and in good repair
- Safety and health – Shoes must be worn at all times. Flip-flops are not allowed. Outdoor clothing is not to be worn in class. Accessories that could be a safety concern are to be left at home.
- Students are required to have non-marking indoor shoes that are left at school.
- Grooming and clothing choices should be made in good taste and err on the side of modesty.
- Hats, hoods or toques, sunglasses are not to be worn inside the school, except on designated school spirit days.
Students whose dress is inappropriate will be expected to address the clothing concern prior to returning to class. School personnel reserve the right to make any required judgments in the above areas. We ask that parents emphasize these expectations with their child. Parents will be phoned if students do not have a change of clothes.
If you wish to purchase any School Clothing, please visit our online apparel store by clicking the link below.