Student Dress Code
Our student dress code is designed to convey a positive image and to develop a tradition as a school community. The dress code at SAINT-ANDRÉ also contributes to our atmosphere where learning is the priority. Students need to choose clothing that is sensitive to the values and expectations of our Catholic community. Our school colours are predominantly blue with red and white accents. We will have a small inventory of SAINT-ANDRÉ attire available however we want to emphasize that purchase of these items is not mandatory. Here are the guidelines for the student dress code:
- Students are encouraged to dress in school colours;
- Jeans, black, navy or tan pants, skirts or shorts
- White, blue or red solid tops.
- Shirts with large graphics or logos (other than the SAINT-ANDRÉ logo) are discouraged
- Cleanliness and neatness – All clothes should be clean and in good repair
- Safety and health – Shoes must be worn at all times. Flip-flops are not allowed. Outdoor clothing is not to be worn in class. Sun glasses must be removed. Accessories that could be a safety concern are to be left at home. Students are required to have non-marking indoor shoes that are left at school.
- Moderation – dress and grooming should be such as to avoid drawing undue attention to oneself.
- Hats, hoods or toques are not to be worn in the school.
Students whose dress is inappropriate will be expected to address the clothing concern prior to returning to class. School personnel reserve the right to make any required judgments in the above areas. We ask that parents emphasize these expectations with their child. Parents will be phoned if students do not have a change of clothes.