Volunteers are people from all walks of life, whose talents and experience add an extra dimension to schools. By supporting the work of staff at our school, parents and community members engage in the school community and gain new skills.
WAYS TO HELP
Volunteers don’t replace staff, but they are an important part of the school community and can provide support in a variety of ways. As a volunteer, you may assist staff:
- in the classroom
- in the library with shelving, inventory, filing, and book fairs
- with student activities such as field trips and extracurricular events
Some parents also choose to get involved by joining School Council or the fundraising society.
Parents or community members wishing to volunteer at ASAA must complete the following forms and return them to the office:
- Intervention Record Check
- for directions on how to fill out please read here first.
- Criminal Record Check*
- Volunteer Declaration Status
*To receive a Criminal Record Check please email Mrs. Boland for the school letter to take to the local RCMP detachment.